Department of Transportation Occupational Exam
About the Exam
A Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination must be conducted by a licensed “medical examiner” listed on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) National Registry. The DOT physical exam is valid for up to 24 months.
What to Bring for Exam
- Your valid driver’s license and/or other valid photo ID.
- Eye glasses or contacts lenses if applicable.
- Hearing aids if applicable.
- A list of medications, and contact information of the prescribing doctor.
- Medical release opinion letter from your primary doctor or specialist for any medical conditions being treated, or recent illness, injury, or surgery.
- Current FMCSA Waiver or Exemption Certificate or Skills Performance Evaluation if applicable.